The RuleML+RR 2017 Challenge is one of the highlights of the conference, and seeks to provide competition among innovative rule-oriented applications, aimed at both the research and industrial side. Submissions may present demos related to the RuleML+RR 2017 track topics, supply benchmarks and comparison results for rule engines, illustrate rule- and model-driven engineering, report on industrial experience, present real cases and practical experiences, and realize mobile deployment of rule-based reasoning.
The challenge seeks high quality, original papers, potentially referencing online material, and ranging between 5-15 pages. Papers must be original contributions written in English and will be submitted at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rulemlrrchallenge2017.
To ensure high quality, submitted papers will be carefully peer-reviewed by 3 PC members based on clarity and significance of objectives and demonstration of results.
Each paper shall address the following:
- Explain the objectives, outcomes, benefits as you are going beyond the state of the art in technology, the application domain, etc.
- Prove the results with a concrete example balancing conciseness and completeness
- Preferably (but not necessarily) embed the tool in a web-based or distributed environment or a mobile environment
- Present end-user interactions, providing an adequate and usable interface that favours a concrete usage of the application
- Mention the availability of the software and data, data interchange, and possible tool extensions
- If it is the case, provide a web-link to the project site, online demonstration, or download site
Please upload all submissions in LNCS format. Rule Challenge 2016 proceedings will be published as CEUR Proceedings and indexed by SCOPUS.
Rule Challenge Important Dates
|Abstract||1st May 2017|
|Paper submission||8th May 2017|
|Notification||15th May 2017|
|Camera-ready||22nd May 2017|
|Rules in Retail
|Rules in Tourism
|Rules in Transportation
|Rules in Geography
|Rules in Location-Based Search
|Rules in Insurance Regulation
|Rules in Medicine
|Rules in Ecosystem Research
Past Challenge editions
2016: Stony Brook New York (http://2016.ruleml.org/challenge, CEUR-WS Vol. 1620),
2015: Berlin, Germany (http://2015.ruleml.org/challenge.html, CEUR-WS Vol. 1417 ),
2014: Prague, Czeck Republic (http://2014.ruleml.org/challenge, CEUR-WS Vol. 1211 ),
2013: Seattle, USA (http://2013.ruleml.org/content/7th-international-rule-challenge.html, CEUR-WS Vol. 1004),
2012: Montpellier, France (http://2012.ruleml.org/rulechallenge.html, CEUR-WS Vol. 874 ),
2011: Ft Lauderdale, Florida (http://2011.ruleml.org/america/challenge, CEUR-WS Vol. 799),
2010: Washington, DC (http://2010.ruleml.org/ruleml-2010-challenge.html, CEUR-WS Vol. 649),
2009: Las Vegas, Nevada (http://2009.ruleml.org/challenge),
2008: Orlando, Florida (http://2008.ruleml.org/challenge.php),
2007: Orlando, Florida (http://2007.ruleml.org/index-Dateien/Page787.htm).